Turkey has a lot to offer foreigners through its thriving global economy, active labor market, tourism, and etc. Moreover, it also presents obtaining Turkish citizenship through several investments, including purchasing a property. There are currently several different options for obtaining Turkish citizenship through investment: such as buying a property, investing an amount of money, buying government bonds, opening an investment account with a Turkish bank.
Obtaining Turkish citizenship by buying a property
Foreigners can obtain Turkish citizenship by buying a property with a minimum value of 400 thousand dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish lira with restrictions on the title deed on resale for at least three years. In Turkey, having real estate title deeds may only be approved upon registration with the Land Registry Directorates. The primary real estate contracts, issued by notaries, are not granted for the transfer of ownership. It acts only as an obligation to transfer title; The property in question is not transmitted by these tools.
Buyers must assure that the property they intend to buy does not have any fines, debts, mortgages, or any similar type of restrictions that may prevent the selling process, before starting any procedure at the Land Registry Directorate.
Inquiries about properties can be made online at parselsorgu.tkgm.gov.tr, where specific details of the city, neighborhood/village and map section can be used to search for the property. Basic information about a real estate property, including its current status, can be accessed online from anywhere in the world. However, the owner's personal information remains inaccessible. Foreigners do not need to obtain a residence permit to obtain real estate in Turkey. In addition, foreigners who acquire real estate in Turkey are granted short-term, renewable residence permits under Law No. 6458 on Foreigners and International Protection.
A person who intends to acquire real estate in Turkey is required to apply to the General Directorate of Land Registry along with the property owner. In addition, they can call the 181 call center, which provides service around the clock, or visit randevu.tkgm.gov.tr to make an appointment without having to visit the directorate offices in person.
- Are Real Estate Prices Going to Decrease?
- Risks of Buying a Property in Turkey
- How to Invest in Real Estate during Inflation
- Should I Buy a Property Now in Turkey or Wait for the Elections?
How to apply for Turkish citizenship
There are three main steps you have to follow when applying for Turkish citizenship through real estate investment:
Obtaining a certificate of eligibility
It means enjoying legal capacity in terms of age and mental power, in addition to good morals and behavior, by obtaining a clean criminal record (sabıka kaydı), which you can obtain from the Ministry of Justice (ADALE SARAYI). In this case, be sure to have the temporary protection card or residence permit in addition to the passport.
Documents required to apply for a residence permit
You can apply to the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management to obtain a residence permit. Documents required to apply for a residence permit:
- Residence permit application form.
- Original and copy of passport or travel document.
- A copy of the previous residence permit document, if available.
- Four personal photos.
- Evidence that the applicant has not received any relief from government institutions during the past three years.
- Evidence of sufficient and sustainable financial resources for the duration of the stay.
- Criminal record.
- Valid medical insurance.
Citizenship request form
You must submit an application to the Census and Nationality Directorate for settlement, prepare the citizenship file and send it to NVIGM. The required documents are as follows:
- Consular registration certificate.
- National identification card or passport (original copy).
- Marriage document for spouses.
- Family book for minors who do not have a national card (original copy).
- Application for obtaining a nationality certificate.
The Turkish law text related to what was mentioned
The specific scope and amounts are determined according to the new regulations published in the Official Gazette on September 18, 2018:
Foreigners who meet any of the following criteria may be eligible for Turkish citizenship, according to the decision of the President of the Republic of Turkey:
- Investing a fixed capital with a minimum of 500,000 USD or its equivalent in foreign currencies or Turkish Lira, as attested by the Ministry of Industry and Technology.
- Purchasing a property with a value of no less than 250.000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currency or Turkish lira, with a title deed on resale for at least three years later, as attested by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization.
- Creating jobs for at least 50 people, as attested by the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services.
- Depositing at least 500,000 US dollars or its equivalent in foreign currencies or Turkish lira in banks operating in Turkey providing that they have not been withdrawn for at least three years, as attested by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
However, the decision to obtain citizenship through real estate investment was amended in 2022 so the minimum real estate investment that qualifies for obtaining Turkish citizenship became 400 thousand dollars. The amendments entered into force on 1.1.2023, included the following:
Changes to the pre-sales agreement:
It is required that the transactions based on the preliminary sale agreement in connection with the sale of immovable property by one contract take place as of 01.01.2023. If the real estate is under separate contracts, its owner will not be able to apply for citizenship even if its price exceeds $400,000.
Changes related to sale shares:
It will not be possible to apply for citizenship through jointly owned property. The owner of the property must be only one person to be able to apply for citizenship.
We offer you our services in the field of buying real estate in Turkey in three stages, before buying the property, after purchasing the property, and during the purchasing process. We also provide you with the latest real estate offers, in Turkey, that go with your desires and the specifications that you desire, including suitable real estate, offers to obtain Turkish citizenship through real estate investment, and purchasing real estate in Turkey within a standard period of 90 days.
Credibility, honesty, and speed are our motto. Do not hesitate to visit our company on the ground or online, in order to request various services at any time you want.
We are ready to answer all your inquiries, so do not hesitate to contact us via WhatsApp, please click here.
#property #turkey_real_estate #turkish_citizenship